Share/Bookmark

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Whatever Soup

One thing I pride myself on is being able to open up the cabinet or the fridge and just take what's in there and make something that's at least edible.

Sunday night I was searching for something to make...we didn't really have a lot of groceries because we had been out of town. But we did have a little left over ground beef, a lot of shredded chicken I had made earlier and frozen, and tons of other "ingredients" in the pantry...so I went to town.

I can't possibly tell you how much of what I put in, because I put in so much and of course...I didn't write it down. But here's a list of things I know that I put in:

Tomato Soup
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Melted Cream Cheese
Milk
Water
Salt
Pepper
Diced Tomatoes
Sliced Potatoes
Green Beans
Corn
Chopped Garlic
Sweet and Spicy Mustard
Worchestershire
Onion Powder
Chicken Base
Beef Base
Season Salt
Ketchup
Ground Beef
Shredded Chicken

That's all that I can remember off the top of my head. I know there were a few other things, but who knows what it was! I did toast up some home made sourdough bread that my neighbors made and put some of the chunks that fell apart in there. I was wary of the soup. It tasted good, but I'm never sure of how anyone else will receive my creations.

My neighbors ended up coming over and LOVED the soup. Their 2 year old son, who hardly ever eats soup, just kept going at his bowl...and did it quite cleanly for a two year old might I add.

So here's my picture of my "Whatever Soup" because I just added whatever I could find!




1 comment:

  1. i waaant moooore! Like today would be great haha

    ReplyDelete