Share/Bookmark

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese

So, I'm really not a fancy cook. Basically what happens is I sit here at work and think to myself...."Self, what can you make from the pantry without having to go to the grocery store?" That's how I came up with Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese.

On hand I had:
Already browned ground beef (about a pound if I had to guess)
3 boxes mac & cheese
1 can roasted & diced tomatoes

So, that was it...Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese. Except, I went a little further...

I boiled my noodles and made the macaroni according to the directions on the box and added in the ground beef. In another pot, I put about 3/4 cup of milk and a biiiig spoon of butter to melt. Then I added a block of cream cheese and let it all melt. Then I added some cumin and GrillMates hamburger seasoning for that off the grill hamburger taste as well as some worchestershire sauce and a little Dale's seasoning. Then I threw in some shredded chedder and poured the entire mixture in to the pot with the macaroni and ground beef. I cracked and beat two eggs and poured them in and mixed it allll together.

I put it into a casserole dish and put a little more ground beef on top and a few dashes of worchestershire and some more cheese. I baked it for a little bit and then put some more cheese on top and let it finish.

Nothing fancy, but it was GREAT! My neighbors loved it as well. If I had to make any changes, I'd do maybe a half a blog of cream cheese and one more egg. My whole purpose with the egg was to bind it all together, but it didn't work...which I'm guessing because it was so creamy. I also might sprinkle bread crumbs or crushed Ritz on top.

A little bacon couldn't hurt, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment